1. Web based Content Management System (CMS) software can be used to run and maintain a website. CMS software includes, but is not limited to Drupal, Joomla, OpenCart, WordPress, etc.
2. Customer with a website(s) hosted on SelectNet Internet Services or MostlyHosting.com web servers agree to keep their CMS software up-to-date to ensure the stability and security of the customer's website, and ultimately the web hosting environment.
3. CMS software updates include the CMS software itself and all extra installed components, including but not limited to plugins, themes, add-ons, etc.
4. Customer agrees it is their responsibility to check for CMS software updates and apply those updates in a timely manner, not to exceed 30 calendar days after the updates become available.
(Note: Most CMS software will send a notification email if updates are available. This functionality is either built-in or can be enabled by installing a plugin or add-on to the CMS. For example, in WordPress the Wordfence plugin can be installed. Wordfence, aside from protecting against brute force logins and well-known WordPress attacks, also sends reminder emails about available software updates!)
5. SelectNet will notify customer of any updates that receive an Impact rated at Critial or above (per the US-CERT.gov website) and customer agrees to install those updates by the end (5 PM Pacific) of the next business day.
6. Failure to comply with item #4 or #5 of this addendum will result in a $50 software compliance fee to the customer. This fee will be used to offset SelectNet staff's time to notify customer of outstanding updates and/or applying those updates on customer's behalf.
7. If item #6 of this addendum is enforced, steps will be taken to backup the customer's website before applying updates.